Tardis Environmental UK, a firm who supply portaloos, claim that their logo is meant to represent a portaloo and not a time travelling police box that’s bigger on the inside.
The BBC are suing them…
…and given that the police ended up having to pay the BBC compensation when they challenged them over the rights to use a police box…I don’t think that Tardis Environmental UK have much hope of winning.
Not only will we be treated to a ‘new’ TARDIS during The Snowmen (Christmas Day at 5.15pm), but the episode will premiere a revamped theme tune and opening title sequence.
We can’t give too much away about the new-look titles except to say they are wonderfully dramatic and striking, with a couple of unexpected touches. In short, they’re a perfect way to welcome back the Doctor!
And fans of the famous Doctor Who theme tune needn’t worry… This new arrangement remains true to the original, written by Ron Grainer back in 1963, but on Christmas Day you’ll hear it as it’s never sounded before. This latest version is more thrilling and powerful but retains that slightly scary quality that remains stirring no matter how many times you catch it.
I’m really hoping we get the return of the Doctor’s face to the opening titles!
Doctor Who Giveaway!!!
Since Tumblr loves Doctor Who so very much, I wanted to share my extra presents with you guys, and girls, and trans* people, and any other gender specific or non-specific humans!! =) I also teamed up with ExpressWears.com to help with this Giveaway just in time for the holidays! They have offered $1100 for the giveaway! That’s $100 for every Doctor!
ALL PRIZES ARE NEW AND NEVER OPENED! The items you see opened are mine. I mistakenly ordered two of everything. So, I decided to give the duplicates away!
- Starts: Dec. 7th, 2012 at 7:37pm CST
- Ends: Dec. 18th, 2012 at 11:11pm CST
- 1x Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control - $99.95 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comSecond Prize:
- 1x Levitating TARDIS - $49.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comThird Prize:
- 1x Vortex Manipulator & Mini Sonic Screwdriver - $29.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comFourth Prize:
- 1x Sonic Screwdriver of 10th Doctor (Replica) - $19.99 Value (LINK)
- $150 at ExpressWears.comBonus Prizes:
- 2x $100 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $75 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $50 at ExpressWears.com
- 2x $25 at ExpressWears.com
- YOU MUST REBLOG THIS POST. LIKES WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
- You can reblog as many times as you want.
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS. (Blogs setup to reblog giveaways. You will be disqualified if you do that.)
- You don’t need to follow me. If you want to, great! (Following me doesn’t increase your chances of winning.)
- Your ask box must be open for me to message you if you win.
- 12 total winners will be picked via Random.org number generator.
- You will be contacted via tumblr ask, so make sure your ask is turned on!
- If you don’t respond within 48 hours, a new winner for your prize will be selected.
- You must be 18+ to enter OR have parents permission. Since I will need your address to mail your prizes to you, I don’t think your parents would like a random guy mailing you things. =P
If you have any questions, please message me for details! Also, to anyone who wants to purchase clothes at ExpressWears.com, they also offered two different discount codes for all to use!
- freeshiptumblr - Free Shipping to anywhere in the continental US! Sorry Hawaii and Alaska. Nothing personal.
- tumblr10 - 10% off your entire order! No minimums!
My suggestion is to use “freeshiptumblr” if your order is under $75. If it is greater than $75, then “tumblr10” is most useful. =)
NOTE: IF ANYTHING CHANGES IN THIS GIVEAWAY, I WILL EDIT THIS POST AT THE BOTTOM AND NOTE THE CHANGES. Check back to this main post to see if anything has changed.
EDIT: 10:08am December 8th, 2012
GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO ANYONE ON PLANET EARTH! Sorry Mars and Gallifrey. =(
Doctor Who reveals a sneak peek at a brand new TARDIS
The BBC’s Doctor Who has revealed a sneak peek at a brand new TARDIS that will debut in this year’s Christmas special, The Snowmen. The second TARDIS for Matt Smith it will be the first TARDIS for new companion Clara (Jenna-Louise Coleman), who makes her entrance on Christmas Day at 5:15pm on BBC ONE.
The new set was designed by Michael Pickwoad, the show’s production designer, and will be home to the Doctor and Clara as they travel through space and time when the adventure continues in spring 2013 with eight epic episodes.
I have a feeling I’m not going to like this.. at all.
I miss when the tardis didnt change clothes more often than Rory
I kinda hope that this is unofficial cause….the TARDIS is only supposed to change if it’s majorly damaged, when it regenerates or something. I love the current TARDIS design, why change it?!?!
Nop it actually can change as it wants. Four once used a different control in his travels with Leela just bbecause he wanted to.
Huh-I thought it only regenerated. Either way, there’s no reason to change the current design. I dunno what Moffat’s doing with the new clothes and new TARDIS-is he trying to regenerate the Doctor without actually doing so?
In the classic series it was normal for the Doctor to change his clothes (except for Five and Six who wore the same outfit all their time as the Doctor) and Moffat is quite the fan of the classic series so maybe he thinks it’s good for the Doctor to change a bit without the need to regenarate. Also his Doctor is the one who lived longer than previous new who Doctors (9 and 10 only lived 2 or 3 years while 11 has aged a lot) so it’s easy to understand if he wants to change somethings over the years.
heh I love how classic fans are just like “actually…”.
I am loving that moffat is actually aging the doctor over many many years. It gives plenty of opportunities for big finish and books and stuff to fill in the blanks when matt leaves.
As for the new Tardis, i’m looking forward to seeing what it’ll look like. Doctor Who is about change after all
One day the Doctor Who fandom will realise that one of the major themes of the show is “change”…one day…
The Doctor and the TARDIS console